Syntasa, a leader in applying AI/ML to big data in the marketing space, is seeking a Senior Sales Director, US to build a sales team and establish Syntasa in the US market. As one of Gartner’s Cool Vendors, we bring together digital analytics, data science, engineering and marketing to process billions of records in real-time, resulting in actionable intelligence that improves customer acquisition, conversion, and retention. Syntasa’s existing customers are some of the biggest brands in the UK. This exciting opportunity is a chance to capitalize on our existing success by building the sales team in the US.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Senior Sales Director, US will play a critical role in partnering with the executive leadership team to achieve substantial growth and value creation for a rapidly scaling technology company.
The Senior Sales Director, US will assemble a top performing sales team that generates new business across the US, and manages the entire sales life cycle, while ensuring visibility and predictability of the lead to close process. The Senior Sales Director, US will also directly lead and close deals on key opportunities.
The successful candidate is a hands-on, participatory leader with a strong sales pedigree who will successfully manage the coordinated efforts of the Sales team and drive net ARR growth through new bookings, upsells, renewals and managing retention. The ideal candidate has a demonstrable history of building strong customer relationships, coupled with the market know-how to identify, develop, and deliver opportunities in the US.
Key Areas of Focus:
Sales Execution and Performance
- Define and execute an effective sales program which ensures sustained growth and achievement of sales targets
- Prospect, manage, and directly lead the sales efforts for key clients and prospects in the US
- Manage the sales pipeline, including deal sourcing, planning, and proposal development
- Create and implement inbound and outbound lead generation programs
- Decrease the lead to close cycle times
- Provide thought leadership on effective selling practices and growth strategies for the US market
- Establish both short-term results and long-term sales strategy, and contribute to revenue forecasting
- Drive development of proposals and contribute to other business development materials
- Stay aware of the developments and changes in the industry, particularly those affecting opportunities and sales targets
- Conduct/attend trade shows, conferences and networking events to generate leads, highlight / demo products and services, understand competition’s offerings and be visible in the industry
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop effective sales collateral and outreach campaigns for the US
Leadership and Management
- Recruit and retain high performing and highly engaged sales team
- Train, develop and motivate sales team in skills, sales methodologies and activities, product knowledge, time and territory management, and competitive industry knowledge
- Provide engaging and credible leadership to US sales staff, setting a unified direction for the team and ensuring clarity around sales priorities
- Implement robust performance measures for the sales team which drive strong sales execution and create accountability within the team
- Lead key account planning, business development opportunities and sales forecasting
- Establish effective relationships across matrixed functions to help find solutions that remove roadblocks/barriers to sales execution
- Use Salesforce to manage account and contact information throughout the entire sales lifecycle process. Ensure sales team maintains detailed account profiles and prepares sales and activity reports as required.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years senior level experience in delivering rapid revenue growth in the MarTech space
- Demonstrable success scaling emerging companies
- Experience selling analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence software
- Experience selling emerging technologies, winning new logos, and building territories
- Experience in selling to and expanding large Enterprise Accounts
- Lead, hire, and develop a team of highly intelligent, strategic salespeople that are in the top 1% of talent in the MarTech industry
- Senior level interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to successfully influence and quickly build credibility to maximize organizational growth and profitability
- Impeccable client-facing skills including verbal presentations, written documentation, and negotiating skills. Able to represent the company at key industry events
- Demonstrable history of developing effective sales strategies and analyzing/managing sales performance
- Experience with the development and roll-out of sales training programs
- Must have BS/BA in business administration, marketing, computer science, engineering or relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Location flexible - must be willing to travel up to 75% of the time